Morelia´s Tourist Attractions and Architecture (Part 1)
Aqueduct: This baroque construction has 253 arcs. It was built under the orders of Bishop Fray Antonio de San Miguel in 1785, so the city could have more access to drinkable water and the indians could have more jobs.
Fray Antonio de San Miguel Street: It was built in 1732 under the orders of Bishop Juan José Escalona y Calatayud. Few years later, it was restored by Fray Antonio de San Miguel. The 18th and 19th century houses that remain there, used to be summer houses for the Spaniards.
Villalongín Square: Beautiful garden named after the Independence hero Manuel Villalongin. He rescued his wife from the Spanish prision that used to be in the same place.
See houses for sale in Morelia.